aid options: undergrads
  aid options: graduates
  aid options: parents
  aid options: continue-ed
Apply page for federal and private student loans and scholarships

For Parents of Undergrads

Recommended Options:

Parents can help their student children in several ways. You can borrow money against your own name or co-sign for a private student loan that your student will be obligated to repay after they graduate.

  1. Parent PLUS Loans:
    you can borrow up to the cost of attendance minus any financial aid received by the student. PLUS loans are subject to credit approval: jump to parent PLUS loan information

  2. Home Equity Financing:
    if you have substantial equity value in your home, you might consider using a home equity line to help pay college expenses: jump to home equity information

  3. Private Student Loans:
    if your students needs additional funds that are not subject to federal regulations, check into private student loans.

    By co-signing the note, your student can borrow up to the cost of education as certified by the school: jump to private student loan information
where to next
start your application for college financial aid

View summary aid charts:

manage your student funds electronically


privacy statement | contact us | site map | resources | community college search

Copyright 2003-09 Community College Financing Guide

member: nBuy Associates
all rights reserved

BBBOnLine Reliability Seal